White hair is a sign of aging and is caused by some external factors. The causes can be environmental, such as smoking or drinking alcohol, or internal such as hormonal imbalance. While there is no fool-proof way of preventing premature greying of hair (white hair), there are simple things you can do to control this problem.
Premature hair greying treatments are one of the delicate treatments that should be done by an experienced hair doctor. Dr. Audumbar is one of the renowned and best hair doctors in Navi Mumbai. With years of expertise, his clinics ranked one of the best hair clinic in Navi Mumbai.
Different Types of White Hair
Grey hair is a natural phenomenon that can be seen in almost all people and it is due to the loss of melanin. White hair is an increase in white pigment and this is what causes unnatural white hair. When there are too many cells that produce melanin, it causes grey hair. On the other hand, when there's an insufficient amount of melanin, it causes white hair.
What Causes Premature Grey Hair?
Premature greying of hair is caused by a gene that's activated in the hair follicle. The enzyme tyrosinase is what turns the pigment into a grey color. When an individual has this gene, it leads to a deficiency in melanin production which leads to the lack of color over time.
How to Treat Your Premature Grey Hair?
White hair is usually a result of telogen effluvium, which can be triggered by hormone changes, stress, or other factors. It will only last for a short time. Other reasons for premature greying include thyroid disorders, anemia, and poor nutrition. There are various treatments available to slow down the process of greying hair. These include Rogaine, Propecia, Viviscal supplements, and transplants.
Reducing the Risk of Premature Greying
Many factors can lead to premature greying of hair. Stress, hormonal changes, hormonal imbalance, and exposure to chemicals are just some examples. The good news is that there are things you can do to reduce the risk of premature greying. Eating a healthy diet rich in minerals and vitamins will give you a head start on preventing it from happening sooner than later!
Prevention and Remedies Options and Tips and Advice.
1. Prevention: Nothing can stop or reverse the process if it is caused by heredity or aging. If the loss is related to a medical issue, however, addressing greying hair may allow color pigments to return.
Correcting dietary and vitamin deficiencies, which are often the cause of prematurely white hair, can help to reverse the problem or prevent it from getting worse.
2. Treatment Options: Several natural cures for grey hair have been suggested by proponents of natural medicine. These are some of them
- Coconut oil is a type of oil that comes from the coconut Massage coconut oil into your hair and scalp every other day before bed. Wash your hair, as usual, the next morning.
- Ginger is a delicious spice (Zingiber officinale). Take a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger with 1 tablespoon of honey every day.
- Blackstrap molasses. Eat a spoonful of blackstrap molasses (made from sugarcane juice, not beet sugar) every other day to help reverse the greying process.
- Amla is a plant that grows in India (Phyllanthus Emblica). Every day, drink six ounces of fresh amla juice or once a week, massage your hair with amla oil. Indian gooseberry is another name for amla.
- Black sesame seeds, (Sesamum indicum). Eat a spoonful of black sesame seeds two to three times a week to slow down and perhaps reverse the greying process.
- Fo-ti (Polygonum multiflorum). In traditional Chinese medicine, fo-ti is taken as a supplement — 1,000 milligrams taken twice a day with food
— to prevent hair greying.
There are many other useful remedies for premature grey hair treatment. You can consult with Dr. Audumbar one of the leading hair doctor in Navi Mumbai. He can guide you with the treatments.
3. Tips and Advice :
- Get more vitamins.
- Get more minerals. Minerals can play a crucial role in repairing hair and hair growth.
- Quit smoking.
- Cover up your hair with a hat or scarf.
Signs and Symptoms of Premature Greying
Premature greying of hair is caused by several factors such as genetics, genes, and stress. It can also be caused by hormonal changes such as menopause and pregnancy. The early grey hairs are usually lighter in color than the rest of the head. The premature greying of hair often starts at the temples and then spreads down to the crown and ears.