Healthy and shiny hair is everybody's dream. Still, there is no magic formula to get beautiful hair. However, what you can do is create a hair care routine and adopt a proper diet that will keep your hair healthy.
To create that hair care routine, we have mentioned some tips that you can follow:
- Don't over-wash your hair: If you wash your hair every day, it will strip off the natural oils present in your hair, making it dull, dry, and lackluster. How often you should wash your hair depends on your activity. Don't allow grease and oil build up on your scalp. Wash it at proper intervals so that your scalp does not become itchy and scaly. You need to figure out how much washing is right for you.
- Don't style your hair when it is wet: Your hair is very fragile and delicate when wet and combing or styling straight after a shower won't help. Combing wet hair stretches the strands, which causes wear and tear, and split ends. It would be best if you use a wide-toothed comb to untangle. Start at the ends, gently work your way up to the roots.
- Don't tie your hair very tight: Tying your hair very tightly in ponytails or using headbands and braids stretches the hair shaft, which causes it to break. It can lead to a condition known as traction alopecia, a type of hair loss that is caused due to constant pulling of hair.
- Don't overdo the appliances: Extra heat from styling tools like a blow drier or flat-iron can make your hair rough, dry and brittle, and cause split ends.
- Do a regular oil massage: Massaging your head is an excellent way to treat your hair and scalp. A gentle oil massage with your fingertips will moisturize the hair and scalp. It stimulates blood flow to the roots of your hair. Increased blood supply gives vital nutrients to your scalp stimulating healthy hair growth.
- Do read the labels: Shampoos and conditioners contain alcohol, synthetic detergents, and other not so good ingredients. These ingredients can cause itchy and dry scalp. Have a habit of checking the ingredient label before purchasing personal care products.
- Do rinse with cold water: After you have washed your hair, finish with a cold rinse. This will flatten the hair cuticle and will make your hair softer, smoother, and shinier.
- Natural drying is best for your hair: Blow-drying takes out too much moisture from your hair. Also, after some time, lack of moisture can make your hair to become dry and weak. If you really have to use a blow-dryer, make sure you use a more cold setting. For shiny and healthy hair allow your hair to air dry naturally.
- Protect your hair from sun damage: Just like your skin, your hair needs protection from the rays of the sun. Wear a scarf or hat when you are spending a long time in the sun.
Diet for Healthy Hair
A balanced diet is the most significant thing when it comes to beautiful hair and healthy hair. If you're someone who follows the best hair care regimen but still have hair loss, you are probably not eating the right foods. Get closer to your hair health by reading about foods packed with vitamins and minerals that should be in your diet:
Eggs are abundant in biotin and protein. Your hair is full of a structural protein called keratin. Less protein in your diet can cause hair loss. The biotin in the eggs will help convert protein into amino acids; they are the building blocks of your hair. Eggs contain essential elements such as zinc and vitamin A. Egg whites, scrambled eggs, egg sandwich are all good for you.
Spinach has vitamin A that is required for the creation of oil or sebum on your scalp. Excess sebum can cause an oily scalp, while less sebum can cause a dry scalp. To keep the oil production in check, increase your spinach consumption.
- Sweet Potato
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A which is required for sebum creation on the scalp. They contain biotin, which allows the hair to use protein for growth.
Blueberries have vitamin C that stimulates the production of collagen a significant protein forming your hair structure. They contain antioxidants that fight free radicals. When free radicals go haywire, they can cause damage all over your body, including the hair and scalp.
So for healthy hair, make sure you adopt a good hair care routine and follow a balanced diet.